Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Finished Projects

I have had a winter of indulgence.  I've allowed myself to work on lots of different projects, almost to the point of obsession!  Time for farm and garden work is drawing near however, and I know my life of leisure will soon come to an end.  I am trying to squeeze one more quilt in before the ground thaws and the temperatures rise.  The race is on....

I made this for my mom for her birthday.  It was a kit that she bought several years ago but hadn't gotten around to working.  It's wool, so of course I was happy to play with it!

I made this for my friend Claudia.  She bought the kit this fall, and I just loved it!  I brought it home to copy the pattern and decided I might as well put it together for her.  Again.....wool.  
This is the fall quilt for our bed. It has been a two winter project.  I'm very pleased with how it all came together.  I delivered it to Kathy Woods last week for her to quilt.  
This cute little Christmas ABC was my "carry project" for quite awhile.  A carry project is one that you carry with you every where you go, so that you always have something to work on while waiting in doctor offices, or riding in the car or.....

A person should never be with out a carry project, so once I finished the ABC I put this one together.  It finished much quicker than the ABC.  I used an old pillow case that was Ron's Aunt Helen's, coffee dyed it and then stitched.  I'm not exactly sure what I will do with either one of these.  

This is the wool quilt that I made for David and Roni.  I absolutely love making these.  Piecing them goes fast, which is kind of fun, but the best part of these wool quilts is the hand stitching that acts as the quilting.  

I'm not sure what it is about this that I love so much.  

Here's a closer look at the hand stitching.  
This is the chenille and flannel quilt that I finally finished. 

I'm very pleased with how it turned out, which is a huge relief because I was not happy with it as I was working.

We've had super cold temperatures the last five or six days.  Lows in the single digits and highs in the low 20's.  The ground is frozen solid again so perhaps I will have a few more weeks of scratching my sewing itch!  What a fun winter I've had......

No comments:

Post a Comment