Sunday, March 8, 2015

I Shouldn't Be.....

doing this!  But I simply can not stop myself.  I have started another quilt, even though I 'm supposed to be working on the feathered star Christmas quilt!  I know I won't finish it before farm/yard/garden starts, since that all starts tomorrow, or started a month ago actually!

Anyway, I've had this pink fabric for a really long time.  I bought it when it was way on sale and have never known what to do with it.  As usual, Beth had an idea, and as usual, I loved her idea, and as usual, color man a.k.a. Reynald has to insert his opinion!

This morning I just had to try making two blocks, to see if I was going to like what I thought I was going to like!  Indeed, I do, thought there is some question as to how to set the blocks, side by side, or on point.  Feel free to offer an opinion.

The start of a new quilt.  

This is the block that will alternate with the pink/rose fabric.

Side by side setting

or set on point?  I'm leaning towards this setting.....
Turns out this block is a little harder to make than I thought it would be.  It's essential that you be accurate and precise.  (Another one of those accurate and precise blocks, like the feathered star.....ugh!)  If you are off, it really shows with the dark brown and the light pink.  I like it though.  It's going to be worth the effort.  My plan for this is a summer quilt for our bed.

A beautiful day today, a beautiful sunset.  It's supposed to be warm all week.  A little bit of farm panic starting to set in around here!!!

An amazing ending to an amazing day.

I really love living at the end of Rolinco Road!

3 comments:

  1. I like the on-point setting. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eye is drawn more to the pinwheel in the on-point setting, and more to the pink x in the side by side. I think I like the pinwheel on-point one a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the on point setting! :) neat fabric!

    ReplyDelete