Saturday, March 7, 2015

Terrible Terrier Twos

Yesterday evening, with incessant urging from Reynald, I sat down to work on quilting the border of the motor home couch throw.  I wasn't at it for very long, when he came down to my nest and asked how I was doing, and was there anything that he could do to help.  I asked if he would like to try his hand at this particular effort and he said that "yes, he would like to".   So I moved aside, turned the sewing machine over to him and off he went!

Always a little humor with Reynald!

Working on quilting the border with our home machine.


Pin basted border and Reynald ready to sew.

I sat in my chair and worked on a cross stitch project while he sewed away.  Eventually, I grew tired announced that I was going to bed.  I left him with a full bobbin and a kiss goodnight.

When I got up this morning there was a note on the quilt that he had run out of bobbin thread with only two lines left to quilt!  I spun another bobbin, finished the two lines and sewed on the binding.  I finished sewing down half the binding this morning and finished tonight.

Reynald fell asleep on the couch while I was working on the binding.  I threw the finished quilt over the top of him and snapped a few photos!  He didn't even stop snoring!!!
Reynald asleep under the finished quilt.  You can probably hear him snoring even without audio!

A closer look at Reynald's first attempt at quilting.  He did a really good job for his first time.  
 Yesterday was Baxter's birthday.  He is two years old!  I say it is the Terrible Terrier Twos, but with terriers, the terrible twos last most of a life time!  And we wouldn't change any of that for the world.  Baxter is a constant source of laughter and joy.  He's so full of life and energy and trouble!!!  Can't really imagine life on the farm without him.
Happy Birthday Baxter!

4 comments: