Thursday, March 26, 2015

We're leaving, on a jet plane....

All our bags are packed, we're ready to go.......ok, not quite ready, but close.  We're leaving on a very early flight tomorrow morning for Denver.  Blaine is getting married!!!  Blaine and Roni and Dara were all best buddies in college.  Blaine spent some time here on the farm, even harvested for a couple weeks one summer.  We had tons of fun and we know that he is marrying a wonderful girl.  We're anxious to meet her and so happy to be part of their weekend.

Wow, it was spring today!  I wish I could post smells!  It smelled like spring today.  I think spring smells like soil and growing plants.  I wish I could bottle it up, but then I love the smell of summer and fall too, so I guess I'll just enjoy each, when it's time!

I took a few photos tonight, right as the sun was setting.  I intended to do that a little earlier, but just didn't get around to it.  I worked like 60 all day, hauling water and fertilizer to my spray boy, (we finished spraying the winter wheat today....yipee!!!!) and working in the yard and garden.  I tried my best to focus and finish what I started, instead of bouncing here and there.  That took a lot of energy, the focus part!

Better stop and finish packing.  Leaving home is hard for me.  The really good part of this leaving though, is meeting Roni and David in Denver, seeing Dara and of course Blaine and Jenn's wedding.

These daffodils have burst in to bloom the last two days.

A little closer look.  I love daffodils!!

The autumn flame maple tree is about to burst,

A little closer look.  I keep saying it, but it's so early for all of this to be happening.

The quaking aspen are also ready to burst in to leaf.

I can't believe how these trees have grown.  They were just twigs a few years ago when I planted them.  

The weeping cherry tree is also just starting to bloom.  By the time we get home it will be in full bloom.

This is such a pretty tree.

1 comment:

  1. so nice to see signs of spring! It snowed here all day yesterday though none stuck.

    ReplyDelete