Thursday, March 12, 2015

Orchid

A year ago Uncle Scotty and family were here at the Rolinco Road Resort.  David and Lisa's kids were playing in a basketball tournament in Davenport.  They brought this orchid, which was blooming beautifully at the time.  We enjoyed it while it lasted and I never expected to see a bloom again.  I have no experience with orchids, so read a little on-line about their care.  Sounded like over watering is the thing that they really dislike.  So, I put this little guy out in the garage, on the plant shelf that is a west facing window and watered at the first of every month.

A week ago I was surprised to see some color on that shelf and went to investigate.  It was that little orchid, just starting to bloom!  I was thrilled!  I think it's so pretty.  I took a few photos to share....

My first attempt at keeping an orchid alive.

I never expected it to bloom.

I think it's so pretty.  

Hope I can get it to bloom again some day!

1 comment: