Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sausage and Sewing

So I got so wrapped up (ha!!!) in wrapping sausage on Saturday that I forgot to take photos of the process.  Didn't remember until we were almost finished so here's a shot of Louise marking the packages and the rest of us standing around!

Louise marking packages.  Del and Eva making sure it's done right!

We made three different varieties again this year.  My favorite is the country farm, though the Hungarian Paprika and the Italian are also excellent.  I made a pizza last night for dinner and used a package of the Italian bulk, with caramelized onions, and red peppers that was wonderful!




One little patch of crocus started blooming yesterday.  They make me smile!  The temperatures have cooled off some, but the forecast is for mid 50's again by the weekend!


I found a few minutes here and there over the weekend to get some hand stitching done.  I was able to finish this darling snowman table runner.  It will be ready for next January when hopefully, we have some snow!

Snowman table runner

A little closer look at two of the snowmen in the runner.

Also finished up the last two wool chickens.  Now I need to decide what to do with them?  The kit I bought, years ago was made up as a wall hanging.  Not so sure I want to do that.  I'm thinking of framing and changing them out each month.  They are kinda cute!
 
Wool chicken project.

A few of my favorites!  This is November.

And October...no surprise that this is a favorite!

September......

June

January.....love the barn of course!

And, back to the sewing machine, I finished sewing the spool blocks in to rows and have just started sewing the rows together.  It's a simple block, but I really like how it's coming along.  The finished quilt will turn out to be bigger than I originally intended, but that's ok.  It will be a little more versatile that way.  This will be a good practice quilt for my budding long arm quilter!

This block is called "Spool"  Hopefully you can see why!  Reynald and I decided to set it on point, rather than side by side.  We both thought it made the spools stand a bit better.  The fabric has a sewing motif.  

No comments:

Post a Comment