Monday, April 4, 2016

Staying busy

I have quite a bit of time between hauling loads of water for herbicide spraying on the the winter wheat.  So, I try to make myself useful!

This deposit of Russian Thistles was along one of the road banks where we farm.  I couldn't stand looking at it all year, so on one of my loads I took a box of matches and the fire fork out and poof, they were gone.

We have some generous neighbors that are happy to share their Russian Thistles with us!

This is the fire fork.  Notice it has a metal tube for a handle rather than a wooden handle.

Just starting....

taking off....

and really going!

Now, doesn't that look better?


The winter wheat is so beautiful.  A wonderful carpet of green.

Winter wheat in the field that we call "the Walter's Place".  I think we'll have to harvest!


Also been trying to prune a few roses between loads.  I have 14 roses pruned with about 65 to go!!!  Well, it's a start.




Baxter and Leo are always happy to rough house a bit!

Leo likes to taunt Baxter from a top the fence post.



And always wins!


At the end of this long day, (we got lots done in the fields, even finished in time to move the tractor and sprayer home) the sun was illuminating the farm site  and set with gorgeous brilliance.


The daffodils lining the entry to our driveway are particularly pretty this year.

The color was better in real life, but you can get a bit of an idea of what the late, almost setting sun was doing to intensify the color in this clump of daffodils.

I mowed the pasture grass last week.  It looks so nice.....a perfect spot for a wedding in a few months!



I think this color is a little better.  It was so, so beautiful.  

This is a perennial forget me not that I think is so dainty and sweet.

Rhubarb pie is definitely in our future!

 Praying angel, giving thanks for the wonderful day.

A beautiful sunset to finish off a productive day on the farm.

It's a good life we live.

1 comment: