Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cultivating

Here's what I've been doing this week!  I started cultivating our fallow fields on Tuesday.  Reynald does the opening round for me, because I don't get close enough to the edges of the fields and the power poles!  So, he goes around first, then I get to do the rest.  I have two long days left and then I will be finished.

Here are a few photos to show you what I see all day on the tractor!  It's terribly terribly dry this spring.  Every day, we hope for rain.  Always hoping.......

Arthur and our John Deere cultivator

Looking forward.  You may think there's not much to see, but there really is.  You can see for miles, and there's always another neighbor or two working to keep you entertained!

This is the monitor for the satellite guidance/auto steering system. 

This is the console for the tractor.  Gear shift, throttle, hydraulic levers, etc. 

My lunch pail, aka dinner bucket (!) and water jug.

This is my tractor purse!  I have everything I might need in here.  Q-tips, eye drops, advil, hand lotion, dental floss, nail file, etc!  Another small tool box holds the handi wipes and cell phone chargers!

Looking behind the tractor to the cultivator as I'm farming. You can see all the dust that happens on such a dry year.  



2 comments: