Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Flowers

Happy Mother's Day!  Ron knows that he doesn't need to ever buy me flowers.  For me, they seem like a waste of money when there are so many pretty ones growing right outside!  Of course this isn't true in the winter, so maybe a bouquet here and there during those months would be welcome, but from here on out, there is an FTD florist right outside the door, each and every day!

This leopard's bane is always an early bloomer.  Also love this golden spirea for the foliage in the spring.  Soon it will be covered with a beautiful, delicate pink flower.   The snowball bush in the background, is fading.

OK, I admit to getting sucked in to buying a few geraniums at Costco a few weeks ago.  


Several iris started blooming today.  This one happens to be my favorite for two reasons.  1.  the color and 2. the fragrance.

This clematis is just spectacular!

In another day or so it is going to explode in bloom.

This is a really old peony variety.  We call it the "Bertha Borck" peony.  She is an area pioneer woman who loved to garden.  25 years ago I got several bulbs from her garden and I just keep dividing and planting and dividing and planting!

This peony typically blooms around Memorial Day!


I was hoping to plant my garden today, but there were too many distractions.  The plot is rototilled and I have started to mark the rows.  I didn't take a picture of the super cool row marker that Reynald made me several years ago, but I will.  Not sure I will get the garden planted before we leave for Boston.  The next two days are busy with Musicfest, then one day to tidy up the house and yard and then, Thursday we are off to Boston for Roni's graduation.
Reynald grabbed the camera and got a few shots of me and my faithful rototiller!

He bought this for me for my 30th birthday!

I just turned 54 and this tiller hasn't missed a beat!  Ron has changed the blades twice, but other than that, it has pretty much been a care free piece of equipment.  

I'm not sure how many acres I have tilled with this old fellow, but it's a few!  We're both still going strong......

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Mama! Wish we were there to help you plant the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mama! Wish we were there to help you plant the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying catching up on your blog. I love the color of the iris. I had an uncle in Maine who grew irises; they're so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother’s Day is approaching! Let Sendflower.pk make it easier for you to get that perfect gift to brighten Mother's Day!!! Mother's Day Flowers Pakistan

    ReplyDelete