Saturday, January 21, 2017

Oh Dear....

The beginning of last week, I got in my head that I wanted to make a wool lap quilt for Alicia.  When she was home for Christmas, she mentioned that her favorite quilt in this house was the wool "man quilt".  It got me to thinking!  I have been saving wool for a few years for a "woman quilt".  This seemed like the right time to dig out that saved wool and set to work.

This is a fairly quick quilt top to piece.  The time consuming work will be the hand work involved in the quilting part.  I happen to love hand work, so I'm looking forward to doing this.

"woman quilt"

It always looks so much different when the pieces are sewn together.

Also on the floor in my room are the spring quilt for our bedroom, which I started last winter!  I should be able to finish it up before I get back on the tractor in a few months,

This pile is going to turn in to.....

this, which will turn in to.....

this, which will turn in to a king size quilt.

And.....I really want to finish up this signature quilt.  A few retreats ago, everyone in our group brought a 5" square for each person.  We each made something wonderful and unique.  I chose to make a signature quilt, having the gals sign the block that represented the fabric that they gave.

I still have to sew buttons on the basket handles and sew down the binding.  Beth did the quilting for me and she did such a great job.  I'm so pleased with this.

Baxter is such a big help with my projects!

I really love how this turned out.

Close up of Beth's fabric and signature.

And Betty Jean contributed this bee fabric!  How appropriate for me!  The buttons are to be sewn on each end of the basket handle.  

A bowl full of buttons to be sewn on.  I'll take a photo of the completely finished project, hopefully before the snow melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment