Sunday, September 2, 2018

September 1 yard tour

This evening, while Reynald was grilling our dinner of pork chops, and in the oven vegetables from the garden were roasting, I was distracted from finishing up our dinner prep by amazing light from a setting sun.  These photos don't do the color justice, but it will give you and idea of what our yard looks like right now.

I'm not a good enough photographer to capture the sunlight illuminating the Canna lilies but it was amazing.


This grouping has been a happy accident.  The bicycle was Reynald's when he was a child, and the rest just kind of happened!  I love the bright colors that happily present every day.

I am such a sucker for geraniums, especially red ones!

The most reliable late summer blooms come from petunias.  

And zinnias never fail to disappoint.  These happy flowers are from seed that I scattered on the soil the first part of June.  They make me smile!

I especially love this petunia that is white with a pink center radiating out.  So delicate!

Lots of nice color here, with an old drill that mom and dad brought back from Montana one year when they went on a fly fishing trip.

Saint Francis watching over a portion of the flower beds.

My all time favorite rose, Graham Thomas.  If I had to pick one rose that I could have, this would be it!

The tri-color beech was beautifully illuminated by the near setting sun.

And we were rewarded with an amazing sunset as we ate dinner on the west porch.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment