Saturday, December 17, 2016

Baby It's Cold Outside

An arctic blast came down from Canada a couple days ago, which is pushing our temperatures in to the single digits for highs and below zero for lows.  A great excuse to snuggle up in a quilt!  One of my goals in life, is to make a seasonal quilt for each bed in the house.  Christmas is finished, and I love each one.  I think I posted photos of many of these last Christmas, but it's worth repeating I think!

This quilt is one of the two in the elder suite.

I think the Santa face border is so sweet!

Baxter is not yet an elder, and he's not supposed to be on the bed in this room but here he is!

Could you kick him off?!?!?

This is the quilt on our bed.  I LOVE THIS QUILT!  It was a long time in the making but worth it.

Guest room quilt.

A closer view of the blocks, the border and the prairie point border.

Quilt in Roni Jo's Rolinco Road bedroom.  Made from reproduction 30's Christmas prints.

Alicia's Rolinco Road bedroom Christmas quilt.

I think the little people on sleds are so darling.

Yesterday I went to the Harrington school to help with Santa's Workshop.  Each year, for many many years, the school has sponsored a craft day for grades K-12.  Students have an opportunity to make a  variety of gifts which they get to take home to give to family and friends.  I haven't helped every year, but many.  This year I was in charge of a project and this is what we made.  It was such a fun afternoon!

Snowman made from dollar store white tube socks!

Kiddos working on their project.


John's finished snowman.

A close up!

Ty gave her snow girl a lace skirt!

Evie and her many colored buttoned snowman.

The sunset yesterday afternoon was so pretty.  Cold and clear.  Fast approaching the shortest day of the year.



Outdoor decorations that don't mind the bitter cold.
It's supposed to warm up next week, with a little more snow predicted.  Looking forward to both!

No comments:

Post a Comment