Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Back to Rambling

So, my computer crashed a few weeks ago.  I limped it along for awhile, until finally, it was all over.  Reynald finally got around to taking it to our tech guy.  Apparently I got some malware.  Anyway, I've missed my ramblings!

Today it is very cold, and it snowed two days ago.  It's pretty!  Expecting more snow tomorrow night, and wind.  Perhaps, with fingers crossed.....we will get snowed in for a few hours!  Snow accumulation is not supposed to be great, so it's probably wishful thinking, but I can dream....

After Thanksgiving, but before December, it was still fairly warm outside, so I took a few minutes to plant a tiny little oak tree.   Last fall when we went to Boston, I collected some fallen acorns from a mighty oak in the Arnold Arboretum and brought them home and planted them.  Three of the four seeds grew.

 I've been nurturing them since, and thought that planting one in the pasture to commemorate Roni Jo and David's marriage would be kinda cool. I look forward to watering and fertilizing and saying nice words to this tiny little tree, and watching it grow, as the kids grow also, together as a couple.  I hope one day this little oak tree will provide cool sweet shade for them to sit under, and remember the beautiful day that they were married.

Planting stuff is one of my most favorite things to do!

Hard to see, but if you look closely, you can make out the tiny twig that is Roni Jo and David's oak tree.

I covered the area with some straw to protect the little seedling this winter.

Covered and staked so that I don't accidentally run over it with the lawn mower.  That would be terrible!!

The sky was so beautiful that day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment