Thursday, December 22, 2016

Winter Porch Quilt

This morning I finished piecing a winter porch quilt.  It was cut and waiting in one of those boxes that I showed in a previous post!  This was a relatively simple block, but I really like how it came out.  To me, it looks like a snowball with a pinwheel in the middle!

Careful readers will remember that I have two winter porch quilts already.  "Why" you ask  "would a person need more than two?"  "Well, what if some one came over, and it was snowing and we wanted to all sit on the porch and drink hot chocolate, snuggled under a porch quilt?" would be my reply.

And don't judge, because I am starting to cut another!  It's going to be made from scraps from the 1930's reproduction fabric that I used to make three other Christmas quilts.  Just using up what I have!

Only one image.  I'll take a few more once it comes back home from the quilter.

Finished pieced top with batting and back folded up in the background.  Ready to go off to the quilter next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment