Sunday, June 25, 2017

Evening Stroll

I was able to be home all day today!  What a treat.  We've been working our head off.  Reynald and Alicia are putting our summer fertilizer in the ground.  I have been following up with the coil packer.  Today was a rare day at home, all by myself and it was glorious.  I spent most of the day doing housework.  I tend to ignore this aspect of my life, when I get busy in the field and in my yard.

It was a warm day today, and this evening it was just gorgeous so I took a little stroll around my yard with the camera.  Here's what I saw!

The garden is coming along.  I planted so late, everything is behind, but it's trying to catch up!
This is Elmer.  He's going to watch over our garden this year.

Definitely some garlic mashed potatoes on the menu soon!

A very slow garden, taking it's time growing!

Fruit is ripening in the orchard.  We'll be picking cherries soon!

The pie cherry tree is loaded.  The pie cherry tree has larger fruit than the sweet cherries!

This sweet cherry is a Rainier type, so it will be a pinkish yellow when it's ripe.

These sweet cherries will be a deep purple when they are ripe.  Still a little ways off, but they've turned a lot in the last two days.

Red currants are almost ready to pick.


I apologize for taking yet more photos of roses, but they are so pretty this year, I just can't help myself!

This is my favorite rose.  If I could only have one rose, this would be it....Graham Thomas.  



I love sweet William.  They are so happy and bright, but self sow like crazy so you have to be a little careful with them,

And here's an embarrassment!  Must have let a prostrate red root pig weed go to seed in this spot last year.   Lots of happy little plants!

This will be taken care of tomorrow morning, first thing.

This rose is actually more of a purple maroon than the pink that it shows here in this photo.  

Mr. Mozart continues to bloom his little heart out!  What a job it's going to be to dead head this fellow in a week or so!

More proof that I don't have just pink roses!

The chickens love the shade that this vigorously growing rose provides.  

A couple years ago I planted some lavender around the propane tank.  The bees love lavender.  Well, who doesn't love lavender?

No reason why the compost bin area shouldn't be pretty too!

Another view of the compost bin flowers!
Found this bicycle in a shed a couple weeks ago!  Thank you Pinterest!!!


And a gorgeous sunset to watch with dinner and a glass of wine.  Life is good!



 Love this Cheshire Cat moon which came out with just a little sunset color left in the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment