Thursday, June 8, 2017

Garden!

I finally got my garden planted!  I'm about a month late.  Even so, I imagine we will have plenty of produce to use and to share.
The hardest part for me about planting my garden is deciding what to plant where!

I usually start with the corn and potatoes.  I move them to a different part of the garden every year.  It's kind of a three year rotation.

Corn plants fast....scratch out a hill, drop in some seeds, cover and lightly tamp.

Corn seeds!

Baxter wasn't much help, sleeping in the shade of the scarecrow!

The garlic is growing well.

I am also behind with planting my annual flowers.  I hope to finish that up today.  In the meantime, many of the perennials are blooming happily, adding beautiful color to our yard.
This vignette is especially pretty this year.

This rose at the corner of the barn gets little care or attention yet look at how happy it is!

And speaking of happy.....the pioneer rose is going crazy.  I'm not sure what to do with this.  I never water or fertilize, yet it continues to advance on the bee hive and will soon take over the entire farm!!

This is my favorite iris.  I like how it interacts with this peony.  

Peony!

Rugosa rose

Love this look also.

And this.....

and this!  The wooly thyme is a favorite of the honey bees.  

Flax readily self sows around this area but I don't care.  I really like it.

Japanese iris are so pretty.  I have these yellow ones and also a very pretty lilac color one.


Saint Fiacre is being engulfed by the climbing hydrangea.  

Garden planted and ready to grow, grow, grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment