Thursday, February 26, 2015

A New Career?

Today we went to Spokane.  Reynald took an introductory class on Long Arm Quilting!  A month ago he announced that he was going to turn the biggest room on the main floor of the barn in to a long arm quilting room.  I thought he was joking.  Well, he wasn't!  Since that announcement he has been doing research on machines, and watching you tube videos and assessing quilts that I have hired done, and mostly just talked incessantly about this project.

So, Brenda told me about a place in Spokane that teaches classes.  Once you have completed the introductory class, you are eligible to rent the machines at this place.  Reynald agreed to give it a try. I dropped him off at 12:30 today and came back to collect him at 3pm!  He was a little apprehensive at first but quickly fell in to learning mode!  There were three women in the class and Reynald.  When I came back, they all told me, as did the teacher, that he had done really well!!!

Here are a few photos of Reynald's first attempt at Long Arm Quilting!  I am really really hoping that he decides to take this seriously and will do all my quilts from here forward!!!

Reynald and his first attempt at Long Arm quilting!

This is one of his sample stitching.  This was done by following a pattern with a laser light.

Another sample.  This was free hand.  He says he likes free hand best so far!

Concentration and good hand-eye coordination are key.


Before we left for Spokane this morning, Baxter got a bath!!!  We will be having house guests this weekend for the sausage grind and he needed to look his best.  Couldn't decide which photo I liked best so I included all of them!

Baxter after his bath, sitting on Reynald's office chair!

Add caption


I particularly like this pose!  

1 comment:

  1. go Dad go!! also, could you have more handsome men in your family?!?!

    ReplyDelete