Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ready for Winter

Well, not quite ready, but I'm getting closer to finishing the winter porch quilts.  This morning I finished piecing the "girl" quilt.  Both the "girl" and the "boy" are pieced and ready to be quilted. Since it is supposed to be near 60 degrees here for the next three days, there is no hurry to get these finished!  It feels more like I should pull out the summer porch quilts!  I went outside this morning at 9am and my bees were flying!  February 12th at 9am and the girls are out and about.  It's supposed to cool down the first part of next week.  
the "girl" winter porch quilt, ready to go to be quilted


The next project is this Feathered Star.  I started it two winters ago and I have two blocks finished! This is the last Christmas quilt that I have to make for the beds in our house.  It will be for our bedroom.  It's a big block 18" finished but I need to make 25.  As you can see, it's very involved and not one that you can just slam together.  It's one of those projects that you have to be very precise or it will not look good.  This is why I keep pushing it to the back of the pile.  But, it's time to focus on it and get it done.  I have a lot of the prep work done.  Again, it's a matter of focus....
next up, the feathered star Christmas quilt for our bed
  Dinner last night was pizza.  Last fall we had some house guests from "the city".  As we were sitting down to dinner one person asked, "what do you do when you want to order out for pizza?"
hamburger, caramelized onion and red pepper pizza

table setting with beer and pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment