Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February Project

Roni graduates in May with her doctorate in Physical Therapy.  Her graduation gift is this cross stitch piece.  It is a the letter R with the word Rainbow at the bottom.  Stitched over the word rainbow are the words, promise of hope.

My friend Brenda has made a design for each letter of the alphabet and I want to do them all!  They are so, so cool!!!  I do have a pattern for the letter H, which is There's no place like Home!  Can't wait to start work on that.

But, Roni's comes first.  I did the letter A for Alicia for her graduation from the New England Conservatory of Music, now almost two years ago.  Roni's is not a surprise......I can't keep a secret! The surprise might be that I finish it!  I am focusing on this project for the month of February.  Well, this and another quilt, but this is my primary focus.  I'm really excited to see how it turns out.  I love cross stitch.  Really, really, love it!!!  That and embroidery are my first loves.  Quilting has come much later in the project realm.
maybe half finished with this project 

a little closer look

This is the pattern.  You can see I still have a ways to go before completion!

a look at my sewing room stitching nest

2 comments: