Sunday, February 15, 2015

Karma Quilt

So, I tried to post yesterday but something changed either on my camera or the computer and I couldn't download photos like I always have.  When one tiny little thing changes, I panic because I have a history of blowing up electronic devices.  I tried my best to stay calm, and just walked away.

This morning I decided to try again, with Reynald by my side.  Ha!  I figured out how to fix whatever happened before he did.  A first!!!!  Honestly, I'm not even sure what happened, or what I did to make it look like it was supposed to, but I did!

Anyway, here are a few photos of the finished Valentine throw.  I call it my Karma quilt, because I was not supposed to buy any new fabric or projects in 2015.  A mere four days into the new year, I caved, and bought fabric for this Valentine quilt.  Mom liked it so much that I made one for her for her birthday.  Made a few mistakes on hers, that were easily corrected.......finished it, Beth quilted it and mom has it hanging in her sewing room.
Mom's birthday gift.  I took this last month at Farmer's Wife workday, hanging in the barn


This is our Valentine Quilt.  I was not supposed to make this project.  I made every error possible.  I did more ripping and re-piecing and mis-cut and re-cut, than I have ever done on any project!  The whole time I was thinking....this is what you get for breaking your vow!  Once I finished piecing, Beth quilted it and she did a great job.  In the end, it's a nice throw.  We'll get a lot of use out of it, beyond Valentines day because it looks good on the love seat in the dining room, but still......
The finished Karma Quilt!

Karma Quilt on the love seat in the dining room.  The crochet afghan in the background was made by my grandma Eleanora for us as a Christmas gift in 1989.
Friday afternoon Reynald announced that we were going to go on a little Valentine rendezvous.  He has been itching to launch the SS Rolinco and Valentine's day seemed like a good reason.  So, I gathered together fixings for dinner and a breakfast, threw in a bottle of wine and we loaded up and headed to Crab Creek!  A big trip.....exactly 4 1/2 miles from home!!!  We spent one night, had a really fun time, and were home the next morning by 11am.
Launching the SS Rolinco.  Notice the red LED lights for Valentine's Day!

Reynald, so happy to be RVing!!!

Set up at Crab Creek

Going for a little hike along the creek.  This is all BLM ground.

The creek is running pretty high right now.

Lots of water running, though pretty clear for this time of the year.

I guess this is why it's called Crab Creek!  I looked up Fresh Water Crabs and Wikipedia said they are found in sub tropic climates.  We're definitely not sub tropic, yet here is evidence of a crab of some sort.

And fresh water mussels.

Channeled Scab land terrain around Crab Creek.

The SS Rolinco in the background

I love this channeled scab land terrain in the early spring
 Soon the buttercups will be out, then grass widows, then the arrow leaf balsam root.  Also wood ticks and rattle snakes!  It was a perfect time to be out marching around in the pasture with the absence of these last two elements!  Unlike Boston, spring is springing here!

1 comment: