Saturday, April 4, 2015

Blood Moon

You may have heard (or saw) that there was a lunar eclipse this morning.  It happened around 5am, which is about when I get up most mornings.  Reynald managed to drag himself out of bed as well, and took this wonderful photo.  Then he went back to bed!  I stayed up and working on a stitching project until it was time to make lunches and get out to the field.

Lunar eclipse this morning.  Called a "Blood Moon" for it's red color.  

The garlic that I planted in February is growing like mad.  I think I may have mentioned that I figured out, quite by accident, that it works just as well to plant in the early spring, as late fall, maybe better.  I was happy with the results last year, and it looks like this year will be the same.

Garlic growing on either side of the brick garden path.

A little closer look at the garlic.  I know this tag says hot peppers, but it's really garlic!

Beth's mom, grandma Nancy, came from the Tri-Cities today and stopped on her way and got a box of fresh asparagus for both me and Beth.  I can't wait to roast some for our Easter dinner tomorrow.  I'm sure this box will be eaten fresh.  I would like to get another for pickling.  Reyanld LOVES pickled asparagus!
Fresh asparagus from the Tri-Cities.  Mine is just starting to poke through in the garden.  I don't have a very large patch, just enough to have for a meal in the coming weeks.  

Between hauling loads of spray to my spray boy today, I had time to mow the grass by the shop.  I really really like mowing!  It always looks so neat and tidy when you are finished.  It doesn't look so dramatic in the photos, but in real life, the before and after is very definite.  Mowing is one of my favorite jobs, which is a good thing, because there's always lots to do!

Shop grass before mowing, and my shadow!  
Here's my ride on mower!  I love this piece of equipment!

Shop grass after mowing.  


OK, here's the short version of the blue roof story.  Haboob happened the middle of August and blew off over half the house roof shingles.  (Did lots of other damage as well, but this is the short version!)

Insurance claim check to the roofing company mid September with a promise to be right out to put the new roof on.

First week of November, still no roof, and only half of the old was torn off.  We halted the project until spring.  Blue tarp applied to keep house somewhat dry.

Roofers supposed to show up Tuesday, April 7th.  They were supposed to come on Monday, but rain and high winds predicted for that day.

Keeping our fingers crossed that the new roof will actually happen.  Cross words will follow if crossed fingers don't work.
The blue tarp that has covered our house all winter.  

And, blue is not a favorite color of mine, especially not this color of blue!  Looking forward to the day when it is no longer on the house.  

2 comments:

  1. amazing picture of the eclipse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Alicia! Gotta tell you that your pictures are always so crisp and so clear. The blue sky in the house pictures is absolutely stunning. You might want to consider doing photography on the side. You have a real eye for capturing the essence of your subject in those pictures. I can relate to the blue roof, still have mine too!

    Pleasance Faast @ Shelton Roof

    ReplyDelete