Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring flowers

I haven't posted for a few days because Reyanld said that this shouldn't be a diary!  I've been on the tractor, the weather has been kinda nasty and there hasn't really been anything happening other than diary type entries!

But, today, I couldn't stand it.  I went outside between snow storms, hail storms, rain storms, wind storms, no wind calm before the storm, and took a few photos of some of the spring bulbs that are blooming.  They just make me smile.

The rest of the week is supposed to be nice weather, so I'm looking forward to being outside in the yard and garden.  I have a two week break before I get back on a tractor.  I plan to take advantage of that and play in the yard.  All ready there are daffodils that need to be deadheaded, more weeds to pull and the ever present need to prune something or other!  I'm not complaining.  I love every minute of it.

Here are some images of our yard.

Clouds like this today.....

produce hail like this, more than once!

Grape hyacinths.  I love these.  They are so cute and very fragrant.

A nice clump of red tulips

Lungwort, blooming beautifully today.  The bees love this plant.

Some pretty tulips in the rock garden.


A little closer view.  Can you see the tulips leaning in the wind?

A little different view.

Flowering almond shrub.  This plant kind of struggles in my yard.   It's very beautiful when it blooms, but about half the shrub dies out every winter.  I prune it back and it keeps trying to grow!

Saint Francis watching over more tulips.

The wysteria is covered with buds.  

Stay tuned for blossom explosion coming soon.

This is one of my favorite spring blooming plants.  It's pasque flower.  If you enlarge the photo you will see a very happy honey bee with her pollen sacks full to bulging!  

A close up of the pasque flower.  So pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment