Thursday, April 16, 2015

Inside and out

A beautiful day today!  Sunny and warm and it's supposed to be even sunnier and warmer tomorrow!  The bees are out flying like mad, working on the two sweet cherry trees that have burst in to bloom.  Time will tell if the blossoms have been damages by a cold night two nights ago.  The pie cherry tree has yet to explode, though it is just today, showing some color.

Sweet cherry trees in full bloom

A closer look at the blossoms.

A different angle of the sweet cherry trees.

Meanwhile, inside the house, early in the morning, I have started yet another quilt.  It's part of the "spool" series which, when finished will be three full size quilts (started out as twin size but grew in to full size) that are all some variation of the spool block.  One top is finished.  Started on number two, just because I had to see what it was going to look like.  Number three will be brown.......go figure!

The start of the second in the "spool" block series.  The center squares are tiny pins.  The paisley around the outside has tiny sewing items in paisley swirls.  Reynald calls them amoebae!  

But, before I made those two spool quilt blocks this morning I was super disciplined and tackled the huge pile of ironing that had built up over the last few weeks.  The blouses and work shirts I did with the iron, but all the flat work was done using the mangle that Auntie Marge passed on to me several years ago.  It's the coolest tool ever!

Auntie Marge's mange, with only a few of the pieces that I pressed this morning.  Happy to report that the pile is gone, at least until I do laundry again!!

And finally, bringing the outside in, Reynald brought me this single bluebell flower the other day from Pumpkin Center.  Bluebells are one of my favorite wildflowers.  My favorite is grass widows, but those came and went so fast this year that I didn't get out to the pasture to pick any.  This tiny wood turned vase was made by super talented wood working friend Dan Chadwick.  He makes the neatest stuff, and I am so luck to have a few of his pieces. Truly treasures....

Tiny little wooden vase with an adorable bluebell bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment