Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ta Da!

We have a new roof on our house!  The roofing boys finished on Friday around noon.  I think it looks so nice, though compared to the blue tarp, just about anything would please us!  You can see the lawn sprinklers running in this image of the house.  Reynald fertilized the lawn yesterday so we gave the grass a good drink of water.  I expect to mow this week now!!!

Our house with a beautiful new roof!
Yesterday and today there was an explosion of fruit blossoms.....apples, pie cherry, pear and the sweet cherries are still going like mad.  The bees are nearly frantic with all the work there is to do.  Sometimes I feel like a honey bee, nearly frantic!

Apple blossoms

The pie cherry tree just starting to bloom.

Our two pear trees.  One is a summer pear and the other a winter.

A closer look at the pear blossoms.  Both trees are covered!
 

This past week when I was in Spokane, I spied this amazing clematis at Costco.  Somehow it ended up in my cart and now it is planted on the trellis in the garden!  I hope it continues to perform as it did in the pot.

Snow Queen clematis.  She's so pretty!

Today was a good drying day.  We had overnight guests from Thursday through last night.  What a treat it was to do up the sheets from the guest beds and then hang them on the line.  Oh the smell of line dried sheets!
Sheets drying in the wind today.

A number of years ago, Beth made me this clothes pin bag.  I think it's just adorable.  When I'm not using it outside, it hangs in the laundry room, just for decoration.

Clothes pin bag Beth made for me.

A closer look at the laundry chicken!  She's so cute....

Lovely warm days, but some rain would sure be welcome.  A slight chance is predicted for the end of the week.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment